Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Creating vintage Easter Decor with Cherry Nelson



Hello my friends! Cherry here at the RRR blog today! I always find it so confusing when Easter falls in March.  Do you?   Growing up it was always in April.  So happy it falls this year like it does.  It gives us more time to enjoy this special time of the year.  I love to welcome in the soft pastels of the Holiday and embrace the shabby that pairs so well with Spring time.  With that in mind I created this vintage Easter decoration using old tart tins and sewing spools.

 


I first painted my tart tin with Ballerina Pink spray paint and than gave it a good aging with my rusty technique.  I use bleach and white vinegar.  Generally I leave my item in the solution over night.  I love the patina it gives things.











 I love the subtle aging tea staining adds to my florals.


 

I die cut my Tim Holtz paper image and layered it with some heavy weight glitter paper and adhered it to my tin.  Here it is complete, I love how this turned out. Mixed media is so fun...great way to think outside the box with retro and vintage goodies. Enjoy!  Cherry

1 comment :

We'd love to hear what you have to say