Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Twine Inlay Heart

{judy} Hello Ribbon Lovers! Today I am sharing a card made with the  
Twine Inlay technique. 
What is that? It's fun and simple and adds a special pizazz to your designs! 
Here are the steps to complete this card:
1. Make a watercolor wash background using watercolor paper.
2. Cut out a die cut shape or word. Stamp sentiment.
3. Lay the die cut layer on your card base, and trace the inside of your shape with a pencil, and add Scor-Tape around the edges.
4. Cut your twine in pieces slightly larger than the shape, and adhere closely together piece by piece (yes this part can be tedious if you have a large die cut, as I did, but I find it relaxing!).
5. Add foam tabs to pop up your card front, and adhere all layers!

I chose the beautiful SILVER METALLIC BAKER'S TWINE, but any twine or a combination of colors will look beautiful! Just be sure to lay the strips as closely together as you can. You can see on the right side of my heart a slight pink tinge. That's my pink cardstock showing through! Shading on my twine without even knowing it! Ha!


I hope you will give this a try! Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say