Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ribbon Frame Tutorial




Hello its Connie here! I have a little picture tutorial for you today on how to create a ribbon frame! This is a fun and easy technique to use ribbon on your card. I personally love to use satin ribbon when I make a ribbon frame, but you really could use many different types! Here I decided to use the Pink Satin with Grosgrain edge ribbon.


First stamp and color your image, and cut it out. You will need four strips of ribbon...one for each side of your frame. You will want to give yourself plenty of room to create your frame...I usually will cut a piece about twice the size of each side of the image. Then tie a knot in the middle of each piece of ribbon.


Next, if you are going to layer your image, I recommend you do it at this time. Then punch a whole in each of the corners. The thicker the ribbon, the bigger the whole you would want to punch. Here I used my crop-a-dile. (**Please note, that when creating the frame it is usually easier if you layer your image on at lease one piece of card stock...the sturdier your image is the easier it is to maneuver the ribbon in the punched holes.)


Start by placing your first side of ribbon in two of the wholes. Followed by a second side of ribbon as you can see in this photo.

Finish adding all the sides of the ribbon.



Next I like to adhere the knot to the front of the card where I want it to say. That way when fixing the ribbon on the back it will not move out of place.


Next flip your image over and adhere the ribbon ends to the back of your image...here I have used Scor-Tape, which gives a wonderful strong hold!

Here is your finished product! Just add it to your card and embellish it as you wish!

I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial today! If you want to see more projects with Really Reasonable Ribbon, you can head over to my blog!

Connie

11 comments :

  1. Really really awesome... Can't wait to try it..... Thanks for sharing this with us & leading us to bettering ourselves.... Hugs))))

    Ash...
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so simple yet beautiful love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg that is so beautiful with the ribbon on It i love love that. I got my prize in yesterday and i am still looking at it going wow i really won this. Thanks so much Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this fabulous idea, love it!!!!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful the way the ribbon is around the frame. And I love score tape. Its the best.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea ! Hugs,Yone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tutorial! I'll have to give it a try.
    grammygoodson@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hiya thanks for a really great tutoial it is so cute and vry feminine tfs
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say