Monday, October 16, 2017

Inspirational Wall Hanging


Hi friends and happy Monday to you! Linsey here today sharing my latest mixed media creation, which is an altered CD turned inspirational wall hanging! I really had a ball making this one and I sure hope you enjoy seeing it! 
I first altered the CD base using a stencil and embossing paste, then I colored it with sprays and inks. The center was decorated with a metal clock frame and a resin piece with chipboard wings. Then I added the inspirational bible quote to the front.
Now, for the fun part--all that gorgeous ribbon and trim!
 I used my Cropadile to punch holes through the cd and then tied different trims through each hole. The following were used: Light Blue Mini Ric Rac, Rosemary Natural Crochet Lace, Sharon White Crochet Lace, Jute String Royal Blue and Burlap String Ivory. I added some beads and charms to some of the trims at the bottom. I like the overall effect. 
I hope you feel a bit of inspiration from my project today and thanks so much for stopping by! Happy crafting! 

3 comments :

  1. Thank you so much, Millie!! <3 Same to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness !! This is such a great creation !! And such a brilliant idea !! I was wondering what I could do with all my old CDs, thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say