Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Shabby Country Cards

Hello, all our ribbon-loving friends!  We're so glad that you've stopped by today for a little bit of ribbony inspiration.  Karen Letchworth is really hoping that her shabby cards will motivate all of YOU to pull out some old patterned papers and make a card that's dripping in ribbon and flowers.  With the help of Really Reasonable Ribbon, you're SURE to end up with something beautiful.  Here's what I did with some older papers and embellishments I had on hand.  Really Reasonable Ribbon's amazing ribbons, trims and flowers made these cards SHINE!
To be perfectly honest, the card itself is nothing special.  It's a piece of paper that's been inked, and has a stamped sentiment on a piece of kraft paper.  Honestly, that's IT!  The rest of that cuteness is ALL 100% Really Reasonable Ribbon.
First, I ran a length of the GORGEOUS shabby Natural Burlap Trim that I ripped into strips up the left side of my card.  Next, I added small lengths/bows of Burlap Center Stitch BrownWheat Stripe Baker's Twine, and Solid Wheat Twine.  On top of all those gorgeous trims, I added some sweet Really Reasonable Ribbon leaves and flowers including a Brown Mulberry Leave, a Two-Tone Yellow Open Rose, a Chocolate Brown Open Rose, and an Ivory/Pale Pink Open Rose.  They're so pretty together, and compliment each other so nicely.
 
My second card uses the same patterned papers, a chipboard frame, and some machine stitching.  Again, nothing special.....until you add the AMAZING products from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  They're truly what makes my cards so much fun.  I used the same trims and embellishments on this card, including the Wheat Stripe Baker's Twine, and Solid Wheat Twine.  I also added another Brown Leaf and some more flowers including a Brown Mulberry Leave, a Two-Tone Yellow Open Rose, a Chocolate Brown Open Rose, and two Ivory/Pale Pink Open Rose.  They're just SO sweet, and they really make your cards become something special.

I encourage you all to treat yourselves to some new ribbons, trims, laces, twines, leaves, flowers and more from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I just know that you will LOVE these sweet products as much as I do.  And you can take some ordinary papers, and make them into something special.  We'd also love to have you stop by and play along in our current Orange/Autumn Challenge.

No comments :

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what you have to say