Hello friends and fans! Jenn here from Jax Bean Stalks. Today I have a cool background technique. I will show you in my below step out tutorial how to create an ombre background and how it is finished off with a standout bow made with Really Reasonable Ribbons Satin Swiss Dots Ribbon in Hot Pink.
1. Gather your supplies. Today I am using Satin Swiss Dots in Hot Pink(RRR ribbon), clouds and sentiment from Some Odd Girl, Versa Mark ink, embossing powder and Memento inks in 3 shades of the same color.
2. Stamp the clouds on a 3.75" x 5" piece of paper.
3. Sprinkle on the embossing powder and emboss with a heating tool.
4. Start with your darkest shade of ink and dab color onto your embossed image in a line down your paper using a makeup sponge or dauber. Move on to the next lightest color of ink and do the same, but overlap the lighter ink with the dark ink. Finally use your lightest ink and follow the same technique.
5. Take a baby wipe and remove the ink form the embossed clouds by swiping over them gently.
Now your background is ready to embellish with the Satin Swiss Dots in Hot Pink from Really Reasonable Ribbon and make into a card. My card-base is 4.25"x 5.50".
Hope you liked this technique. Thanks for joining me today.